Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ottawa, Ontario - Random thoughts

But first -- a quick mention...
We recently went to California and Oregon to visit friends and family, so I have some more backposting to do... coming soon.

And now the random stuff:

Last night the cab door of the truck was sealed shut with ice from the freezing rain. I fought with it and got it open, only to accidentally shut it on some of the dislodged ice and completely jam it. I wrestled with it some more but it was pretty well stuck. Just then my Sis called from California. When I told her what I was doing, she was completely floored. Reminds me of a time when a Canadian friend of mine was living in L.A. gangland, all stressed out from dealing with neighbourhood watch meetings and working with police to get the gang problems under control. He called home and his buddies in Canada were making homemade jam, from organic strawberries they had picked themselves at a local farm. It's a different world up here.

No comments:

nineteenthcentury-no